Here at Kiss Naturals we go cuckoo for coconut oil!
Coconut oil is inexpensive, healthy and veristle! This oil really does live up to all the hype.Today, we are diving into all the uses, benefits and fun facts about coconut oil. Once you’ve read this blog post, you can officially consider yourself a coconut oil expert!
Photo Credit: monicore pixabay.com
*** Disclosure: The statements below have not been evaluated by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any sickness or disease. Please reach out to a medical professional for any medical advice.***
- Housewives In the 1950s used to love using butter and coconut oil for their cooking and baking needs.
- Coconut oil is a classified superfood because it has a unique combination of fatty acids.
- Speaking of fatty acids, the fatty acids found in coconut oil has been found to help people lose weight, reduce the risk of heart disease and provides fast energy!
- This oil is a one-stop beauty shop! Coconut oil can be used as hair mask, a lotion, facial wash (google the oil cleansing method), deodorant, makeup remover and even for dental health!
- Speaking of dental health, coconut oil can be used for something called oil pulling. It’s a method of dental hygiene where you swish coconut oil in your mouth for about 10-20 minutes. This method has shown to kill bacteria, remineralize teeth and reduces tooth decay. How cool?!
- Like previously stated, coconut oil can help you shed pounds. Particularly, the fat in your mid section. Score! In one study, men who were overweight consumed 2 tablespoons of coconut oil daily and lost 1 inch around their waist! A different study found that, women also had a decrease in waist size.
- Coconut oil works miracles for your immune system. Coconut oil is antiviral, antibacterial and even antifungal. Coconut oil can help your body fight off viruses and pathogens, when consumed on a regular basis. How amazing is that? Next time it’s cold and flu season, you will see me eating out of a jar of coconut oil with a spoon, while sitting on the couch watching Netflix!
- Asian and Pacific Rim countries have used coconuts for thousands of years and they made sure to use all parts of the coconut. The meat was used for food, the leaves for baskets, and the flowers from the coconut trees were used to make syrup.
- When used on a regular basis, coconut oil can improve insulin levels, boost hormone production, and improve sleep.
- This oil is perfect for around your home! You can use it in diy soap recipes, to polish wood furniture, soften real leather and the list goes on!
- The healthiest and most beneficial form to consume coconut oil in is unrefined, cold pressed, virgin coconut oil. This is because, it is closest to natural form and is jam pack with nutrients!
So do you feel like a coconut oil connoisseur yet? Coconut oil really is an all-purpose product that can help improve your health, your home, and your beauty routine! Let us know on our social media how you use coconut oil. Be sure to tag us on our Instagram (@Kissnaturals)!
Resources for facts:Fun facts you never knew about coconut oil. (2017, November 13). Retrieved August 5, 2018, from http://www.dailycal.org/2017/11/13/fun-facts-you-never-knew-about-coconut-oil/
31 Clever Uses for Coconut Oil. (n.d.). Retrieved August 5, 2018, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/31-coconut-oil-uses#section13
Top 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Coconut Oil. (n.d.). Retrieved August 5, 2018, from https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil#section11
History of Coconut Oil. (n.d.). Retrieved August 5, 2018, from https://www.healthy-oil-planet.com/history-of-coconut-oil.html
(2018, June 15). Coconut Oil: 101 Uses, Benefits, & Why You Should Use it | Wellness Mama. Retrieved August 5, 2018, from https://wellnessmama.com/5734/coconut-oil/