VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW
Happy holidays from our Kiss Naturals family to yours!
Some of our favourite things about the holiday season include: spending time with our loved ones, gift giving, eating delicious meals and of course, all the crafting!
Our DIY kits are not only perfect year 'round, they're also a perfect holiday craft activity to do with your loved ones!
In today’s tutorial, we are going to show you how to make these adorable Candy Cane Lip Balms. Let’s get started!
Supplies you’ll need:
- Lip balm (check out our DIY Lip Balm Kit)
- Thin, red ribbon
- White Paper
- Hot glue gun & hot glue
***ATTENTION: These tutorials include the use of a hot glue gun. Make sure to ask an adult for help because glue gun burns are no joke. At anytime during this tutorial you see instructions calling for the use of hot glue, please allow a full minute to cool before moving forward.***
Instructions for the Lip Balm Tube:
- Make your very own lip balm using the Kiss Naturals DIY Lip Balm Kit. Today’s tutorial can be made with both the Lip balm tubes and jars.
- Using a plain piece of white paper, align the lip balm tube at the bottom corner at one end, with the cap sticking out.
- Next, roll the tube and make a mark after the paper overlaps by a few millimetres. We are totally eyeballing this.
- Next, mark the length of the tube. Be sure not to cover the turn-dial. Then fold the paper at the mark. This will be the height of your tube wrapper.
- Secure your paper rectangle around the lip balm tube using a drop of hot glue at the beginning and the end. A little dab'll do ya.
- Let’s decorate! Using your thin ribbon, secure the end at the bottom, on an angle, with a tiny drop of glue. Wrap it around your lip balm tube, going diagonally upwards toward the top of the lip balm. Be sure to stop right before you reach the cap. Secure with another tiny drop of hot glue.
- Let’s spice up your lip balm lid! Using your hot glue gun, secure little strips of ribbon in criss-crosses across the lid.
- To turn this candy cane lip balm into an ornament, add a 5-inch piece of ribbon at the top by glueing the sides down on either side of the lid.
- To cover up the drops of glue on the sides of the lid, wrap the entire base of the lid with ribbon. Add hot glue at the beginning and the end of your ribbon. Cut off any extra.
Steps for Lip Balm Jar:
If you are using the jar for your candy cane lip balm, it’s perfect for wrapping your lip balm as a gift or to use as an ornament. Please keep in mind that to open the lip balm jar again, you would need to remove the glue and ribbon altogether. It's not too difficult if you use tiny drops of hot glue.
- Make your very own Lip balm using the Kiss Naturals DIY Lip Balm Kit.
- At the bottom of your lip balm jar, put a drop of hot glue and attach the red ribbon.
- Wrap the ribbon around the jar once. Seal with a tiny drop of glue.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as many times as you wish. We wrapped the jar a total of three times. Depending on the thickness of your ribbon, you might be able to go around four times.
- Next up, wrap your red ribbon around the side of the jar once and seal with a drop of glue. DO NOT CUT THE RIBBON. Instead, measure five inches or so, then cut. Secure the end to the opposite side you just sealed, creating a long loop. Now you have a hanging ornament!
Well, there you have it! Two ways to make these cute candy cane lip balms! The candy cane lip balm makes the perfect stocking stuffer, gift for teachers, gift for friends, and so much more. Be sure to tag us on Instagram @KissNaturals using the hashtag #KNUpcycles! Tell us in the comments below if you’re making this lip balm just for you or if it's for holiday gifts! For more tutorials, exclusive offers and for access to our latest products, join our email list down below!