VIDEO TUTORIAL BELOW
Dropping temperatures and all the upcoming holiday office parties are sure giving us the winter vibes! Why not celebrate with a fun little winter craft!
Today’s stocking stuffer DIY is so simple, you'll be making them for everyone at school, the office, or in preparation for your holiday travels! They're just the right size for carry-on baggage. ;)
What You’ll Need:
- A single sheet of plain paper
- A lip balm (get your kit here) or use your own
- Some red felt, fabric or ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue (or use white glue if you have some extra time)
- 1 cotton ball
- Colored ribbon
- An orange marker
- Black permanent marker
***ATTENTION: Adult supervision is a must if you're using a hot glue gun. Please don't burn yourself because it hurts.***
- First up, let's give our snowman a solid background to work with. Using your sheet of plain paper, wrap it around the tube being sure to mark where the cap and the twist-up are located. For easy instructions on how to do this, check out our video tutorial for how to make candy can lip balms. Glue the paper label to the tube.
- To make the hat, cut a piece of red fabric, felt, or a long piece of ribbon (like we're doing in this picture tutorial), and wrap the lid. You'll want to leave some fabric at the top to give the hat some height.
- Next, add a dab of glue at the very top and pinch the top of the hat closed.
- Now that your snowman has on his toasty warm hat, grab the cotton ball and slowly pull it in half. The cotton fibers will lengthen, giving you a long piece to work with. Using one half, wrap the cotton around the base of your lip balm lid, attaching with glue at various points along the way. This Santa hat is really starting to come together!
- Using the other half of your cotton ball, glue it to the top of the hat with a little pinch.
- Next, let's cut some colourful ribbon and tie it around the middle of the snowman. Yes! A scarf, you guessed it. Cut off any extra ribbon at a diagonal angle, so the ends won’t fray.
- Let’s bring this little snowman to life! Using a black permanent marker, lets add some eyes and a nose.
- Finally, let's add some buttons and arms and some orange to his nose.
Woohoo, how adorable!! You took your lip balm from drab to fabulous!
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Tag us on Instagram using #KNupcycles and let us know in the comments section who you're making these stocking stuffers for this year!