Are you enjoying your Kiss Naturals DIY kit but not sure what to do with the box after your project? Why not upcycle it!
Today, we’ve got a quick and easy upcycled notebook tutorial for you. Let’s create something beautiful!
- An old Kiss Naturals box
- Old sheet/extra old cardboard
- A pen
- Hot glue gun
- 5 acrylic paints (make sure to pick your favorite colors)
- About 2 ft of Ribbon
- Recycled paper
- 3-4 sticky note pads (of various sizes)
- Enjoy your all-natural DIY Kiss Naturals Kit!
- Use an old sheet or leftover cardboard, to cover your work space.
- Once you're done, it's time to upcycle the box! Cut along the seams and use the whole backside.
- On the front side of the box, remove the plastic film slowly.
- Place the back of the box on top of your work space. Feel free to secure the box with a drop of hot glue for now.
- Now, this is where the fun really begins! Grab your acrylic paints and squirt a few drops of each color unsystematically over the back of the box (go crazy, have fun with it!).
- Take the plastic film you removed earlier and pull it from the top of the cardboard all the way to the bottom to slowly pull the paint across the back side of your box. This should create a unique marbling effect.
- Allow time for the paint to dry. (While waiting, check out the rest of our blog for more tutorials. ;))
- Once your paint is dry, fold the cardboard horizontally so that it's in half. (hamburger style as they used to say in school)
- Now turn the notebook vertically (hot dog style) and on the left side begin to attach sticky notes. You can pick the arrangement of your sticky notes. We did two small sticky note pads on top, and an average sized one on the bottom. To make sure it stays secure, use a little hot glue.
- On the right side, you can add a custom-made notepad from regular printer paper, notebook paper, or even recycled paper! Cut out and stack a few pieces together. Use a stapler to secure them.
- Attach your notepad to the notebook with a couple drops of hot glue.
- Time to pull out the ribbon! Take out your ribbon and fold it in half. Wrap your ribbon around your notebook leaving excess ribbon.
- To secure the ribbon, drop a small amount of hot glue to the backside of your notebook and glue down.
- Last step! Tie a bow to close your notebook and cut off any excess.
Grab a pen and start writing! Feel free to use pencils, gel pens, markers and more! This notebook is truly a beautiful place to hold all of for all your drawings, notes, games of M.A.S.H., and much more!
Did you enjoy this tutorial? Let us know in the comments section!